Saturday, 17 August 2013

Walbran Creek



A much shorter day today distance-wise but we still didn't get in until 5 or so. We lost a lot of time at Chez Monique's because Monique lost Jen's burger order.  This made us narrowly miss a tide window that would have allowed us to avoid a cable car and save tons of time and energy.

After a brutal section of trail, we got into the Walbran site, which has a very nice pool for washing as long as you don't mind an audience. I stupidly washed all my dirty clothes thinking there would be enough sun left to dry them. Nope. They're here in the tent with me, heavy with moisture. I've left the fly open and put my long johns on, hoping that the air circulation will help them dry. If not, my pack will be a little heavier tomorrow.

Chez Monique's was otherwise a great treat, by the way. I had a cheeseburger with bacon and Doritos on the side and two bite brownies for dessert. Went down nicely!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment